Job Overview: Learns to install and repair pipes that supply water and gas to, as well as carry waste away from, homes and businesses; installing of plumbing fixtures such as bathtubs, sinks, and toilets, and appliances, including dishwashers and washing machines; installing of supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation.
- Under supervision training in proper plumbing techniques and practices.
- Assist in installing, assemble, maintain, and repair pipes and plumbing fixtures.
- Affix clamps, screws, brazing, soldering, welds, etc. to pipes and tubes.
- Measure and modify pipes accordingly by cutting, threading, or bending pipes by using specialized tools.
- Install and/or repair household appliances like dishwashers, water heaters, toilets, sinks, etc.
- Diagnose plumbing problems and work to resolve any issues.
- Repair or replace damaged parts.
- Locate and repair water line leaks and remove clogs.
- Keep detailed notes and create work reports documenting projects.
- Test plumbing and other installed fixtures to ensure proper functioning.
- Follow state laws and regulations and adhere to local building codes.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent; certification or college degree preferred
- 2+ years relevant trade experience
- Expert knowledge in piping and ventilation systems
- Valid plumbing license
- Available to work on call and respond immediately to plumbing emergencies
- Understands and follows state regulations