Company Statement: Pro-Tec Plumbing & Air is hiring a detail-oriented HVAC technician to install, maintain and repair HVAC systems. The HVAC technician will be skilled in cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems. You will guide and advise the customer to select the most appropriate air quality system to fulfill their requirements. You will be responsible for air quality systems from installation to end-of-life by performing maintenance, warranty, and emergency repairs. To be successful in this role, customer satisfaction, safety and comfort should be your top priority. Ideal candidates will be patient and have excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills.
HVAC Technician General Responsibilities:
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment.
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment.
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems.
- Cleaning, adjusting, and repairing systems, and performing warranty services.
- Performing emergency repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Providing technical direction and on-the-job training.
- Keeping daily logs and records of all maintenance functions.
- Ensuring compliance with appliance standards and with Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Complying with service standards, work instructions and customers’ requirements.
- Assisting with customers’ queries.
HVAC Technician Professional Requirements:
- 1+ year experience as an HVAC technician, and willingness to continue education in HVAC field.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in reading schematics and work plans.
- Ability to work after hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
HVAC Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Conflict Management
- Reporting Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication Skills
- High Stress Tolerance
- Quality & Accuracy Focus
- Active Listening
- Phone Skills
- Manage Time Effectively
- Excellent Written and Oral Skills